Course GBP(British Pound)-TRY(Turkish Lira) for today
Quotes GBP/TRY for today .
Chart British Pound Turkish Lira
Online Cross Course GBP TRY
The United Kingdom's central bank is the Bank of England. As the fourth most traded currency, the British Pound is the third most held reserve currency in the world. Common names for the British Pound include the Pound Sterling, Sterling, Quid, Cable, and Nicker.
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
The Turkish Lira is the currency of Turkey. Our currency rankings show that the most popular Turkey Lira exchange rate is the USD to TRY rate. The currency code for Lira is TRY, and the currency symbol is . Below, you'll find Turkish Lira rates and a currency converter. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, read the Blog, or take TRY rates on the go with our Apps and website.
- Central bank: The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
- Turkey’s economy is increasingly driven by industry and service sectors: automotive, construction, electronics.
- Many Turks are still employed in traditional sectors: agriculture, or textiles and clothing.
- The Yeni Türk Lirası (New Turkish lira, YTL) was introduced on January 1, 2005 to remove six zeroes. On January 1, 2009 all old liras were removed from circulation and the “new” currency again became the “lira” (TRY).