Course GBP(British Pound)-PLN(Polish Zloty) for today
Quotes GBP/PLN for today .
The United Kingdom's central bank is the Bank of England. As the fourth most traded currency, the British Pound is the third most held reserve currency in the world. Common names for the British Pound include the Pound Sterling, Sterling, Quid, Cable, and Nicker.
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
The Polish Zloty is the currency of Poland. Our currency rankings show that the most popular Poland Zloty exchange rate is the PLN to EUR rate. The currency code for Zlotych is PLN, and the currency symbol is zł. Below, you'll find Polish Zloty rates and a currency converter. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, read the Blog, or take PLN rates on the go with our Apps and website.
- Central bank: Narodowy Bank Polski (NBP); the National Bank of Poland
- The name zloty (Polish for “golden”) dates back to the Middle Ages.
- The latest zloty (ł) was introduced on 1 January 1995, when 10,000 old zlotych (PLZ) became one new zloty (PLN).
- Poland is considered a success story among transition economies, but does not yet meet the stability criteria to adopt the euro.
- Exports include machinery, transport equipment, and other manufactured goods.