Course GBP(British Pound)-HUF(Hungarian Forint) for today
Quotes GBP/HUF for today .
Chart British Pound Hungarian Forint
Online Cross Course GBP HUF
The United Kingdom's central bank is the Bank of England. As the fourth most traded currency, the British Pound is the third most held reserve currency in the world. Common names for the British Pound include the Pound Sterling, Sterling, Quid, Cable, and Nicker.
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
The Hungarian Forint is the currency of Hungary. Our currency rankings show that the most popular Hungary Forint exchange rate is the HUF to EUR rate. The currency code for Forints is HUF, and the currency symbol is Ft. Below, you'll find Hungarian Forint rates and a currency converter. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, read the Blog, or take HUF rates on the go with our Apps and website.
- Central bank: Hungarian National Bank
- The modern forint was introduced in 1946.
- The currency became fully convertible in 2001 after the high inflation of the 1990s when Hungary transitioned to a market economy.
- In late 2008, Hungary needed financial assistance to service its large public debt. As one consequence, Hungary has delayed adopting the euro until 2020.
- Over 60% of Hungary’s exports are related to machinery and equipment.