Course GBP(British Pound)-CHF(Swiss Franc) for today
Quotes GBP/CHF for today .
Chart British Pound Swiss Franc
Online Cross Course GBP CHF
The United Kingdom's central bank is the Bank of England. As the fourth most traded currency, the British Pound is the third most held reserve currency in the world. Common names for the British Pound include the Pound Sterling, Sterling, Quid, Cable, and Nicker.
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
Importance of the Swiss Franc The Swiss Franc has a reputation for being a safe haven or hard currency; it is often purchased during financial uncertainty due to its reliability and stability. Regularly used as a global reserve currency, the Swiss Franc is the sixth most traded currency in the world. All CHF banknotes feature the four national languages of Switzerland: Germany, Romansh, French, and Italian.
- Central bank: The Swiss National Bank
- The Swiss Franc (also called Swissie or Swissy) is the currency of Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and the Italian municipality of Campione d'Italia (a small enclave in the south).
- Switzerland's per capita GDP is among the highest in the world. The country’s economy benefits from a highly developed service sector, led by financial services, and a sophisticated high-tech manufacturing industry.
- Most Swiss economic practices conform to those of the surrounding European Union.