Course GBP(British Pound)-CAD(Canadian Dollar) for today
Quotes GBP/CAD for today .
Chart British Pound Canadian Dollar
Online Cross Course GBP CAD
The United Kingdom's central bank is the Bank of England. As the fourth most traded currency, the British Pound is the third most held reserve currency in the world. Common names for the British Pound include the Pound Sterling, Sterling, Quid, Cable, and Nicker.
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
Importance of the Canadian Dollar The Canadian Dollar is the seventh-most traded currency on the Forex market, as many institutions and individuals trade the CAD. People also refer to the CAD as the Loonie, buck, Huard, and Piastre (in French). The Canadian Dollar is held as a reserve currency by a number of central banks. It is also known as a commodity currency, due to the country's substantial raw material exports.
- Central bank: The Bank of Canada
- The Canadian dollar (CAD) is also known as the loonie.
- The CAD is called a “commodity currency” because Canada is a world leader in resource exports: oil, lumber, fish, food, and many types of minerals—copper, nickel, potash, uranium, gold.
- Canada usually has a modest trade surplus, with 70% of its exports going to the U.S.