Course EUR(Euro)-HUF(Hungarian Forint) for today
Quotes EUR/HUF for today .
The central bank in Europe is called the European Central Bank (ECB). Currently, 17 EU member states have adopted the Euro. It is the second-most traded currency on the forex market, after the US Dollar, and also a major global reserve currency. Other common names for the Euro include Yoyo (Irish English), Leru (Spanish), and Ege (Finnish).
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
The Hungarian Forint is the currency of Hungary. Our currency rankings show that the most popular Hungary Forint exchange rate is the HUF to EUR rate. The currency code for Forints is HUF, and the currency symbol is Ft. Below, you'll find Hungarian Forint rates and a currency converter. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, read the Blog, or take HUF rates on the go with our Apps and website.
- Central bank: Hungarian National Bank
- The modern forint was introduced in 1946.
- The currency became fully convertible in 2001 after the high inflation of the 1990s when Hungary transitioned to a market economy.
- In late 2008, Hungary needed financial assistance to service its large public debt. As one consequence, Hungary has delayed adopting the euro until 2020.
- Over 60% of Hungary’s exports are related to machinery and equipment.