Course EUR(Euro)-HKD(Hong Kong Dollar) for today
Quotes EUR/HKD for today .
The central bank in Europe is called the European Central Bank (ECB). Currently, 17 EU member states have adopted the Euro. It is the second-most traded currency on the forex market, after the US Dollar, and also a major global reserve currency. Other common names for the Euro include Yoyo (Irish English), Leru (Spanish), and Ege (Finnish).
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Hong Kong Dollar
During the 19th century, Hong Kong used a variety of foreign currencies such as Indian Rupees, Spanish Dollars, Mexican Pesos, and Chinese coins for daily transactions. As a British colony, an attempt to standardize the currency system was made in 1825 by introducing Sterling coins. This currency, however, proved to be unpopular and foreign coins continued to circulate.
- Central bank (currency board): The Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- The Hong Kong dollar is the eighth most traded currency.
- Hong Kong has a free market economy. With few natural resources, it is highly dependent on international trade and finance.
- Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region of China in 1997, and its economy is increasingly integrated with China through trade, tourism, and financial links.
- Hong Kong retains full legal autonomy over its currency.